Prepares cost estimates and plan by analyzing proposals and requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, specifications, and related documents. Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Plan jobs according to specifications, and related documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communicates and coordinates with Sales and/or Customer Service to clarify specifications.
- Communicates with other applicable departments or team members to clarify customer expectations.
- Accomplishes and submits bid request to vendors detailing outsourced services required.
- Reviews each estimate for accuracy and delivers it to the appropriate responsible individual.
- Assist with other departmental duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC (Word/Excel), internet skills.
- Excellent organizational, math, ruler, mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accurately interpret written materials.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to work within a fixed time schedule, able to handle a variety of tasks and modify plans as requirements dictate in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and communicate with vendors, co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- General knowledge of Planning, Estimating, Customer Service and other printing areas.
- Good knowledge of production capabilities and equipment required.
- Knowledge of purchasing capabilities with outside vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Graphic Arts, Accounting, or Business.
- 5+ years’ experience in printing industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Window & Outlook software applications.